Saturday 2 August 2014

The Breakfast Club Avec Joe & The Juice

Right now I'm stuck indoors with a cold when this time last week I was preparing my stomach for total annihilation at The Breakfast Club in Soho. After a lengthy walk from Regent Street to D'arlaby Street passing mouth-wateringly worthy fooderies like Leon - I've already planned what I'm having for lunch tomorrow  - and Joe & The Juice, I was more than ready for war at the English Cafe. Once we arrived I wasn't shocked to see a small queue forming as it's only a small quirky yellow building with a very - we're not hipster at all- kind of vibe, so obviously it was packed out. Finally we got some seats after maybe a 10-15min wait but the real test of patience and strength of will came with the long awaited arrival of our food. My cousin and I couldn't work out why everyone seemed to be tucking in but us! Two girls sat beside us ate their full English in complete silence, must've been tasty, we saw more and more breakfast type meals pass us back and forth then we were presented with the almightys! 

 The Greek Gods of all meals made that early afternoon! Everyone made way for the Big Bad Burrito and the Buttermilk Chicken Burger mmmmmmmmmm and those skin-on-chips omg flashbacks. Basically, we were the only fatties in the building oh well that's what we came for! Temi had the Big Bad Burrito with pulled pork. I had the buttermilk chicken which was sandwiched between two healthy buns, guacamole coeslaw and peppers. Temi ordered a fresh apple juice while I had the Virgin Apple Mojito (she obviously wasn't taking this new experience as seriously as I was)  

The fun didn't stop there guys we lazily sauntered back on to oxford street and chilled out on the John Lewis RoofTop Garden! So cute! It's got chairs made from grass and a marquee where all sorts of talks are going on (the posh lot were on about vintage wine) I couldn't help but order a juice from the Joe & The Juice bar! I got The Sports Juice with Pineapple, Passionfruit and Apple very fresh indeed. 





So I've been a London Fatty what've you been upto recently? Leave a comment guys! 



No comments:

Post a Comment