Sunday 29 June 2014

Draft Day-Getting Ready For Race Day

Hey Homies! Its been a while since my last run and even longer since my last post so ive decided to collab with the two things I love to do. Race day was May 31st! (I'm still shocked that I actually did it) but with the summer sun playing hide and seek and my endorphines running low theres some other factors that motivates me to get up and move! (I am not reffering to Little Mix here please retain your excitement) If you're being like me and procrastinating, neglecting your weekly or daily run then there are a few things you need to do to get yourself back in the zone. Here's my very own 'In The Zone' checklist to help you lace up and get running! 

NĂºmero Uno! Create a cracking playlist, I honestly can't run without an amazing playlist to keep me going, here's my current faves

My Love- Route 94 ft Jess Glynne
 
You & I -Crystal Fighters 

Higher (Free) -All About She 

Best of Me - Mya ft Jay Z

Waves (Robin Schulz Remix) - Mr Probz

Nobody to Love - Sigma 

Just Friends (cover) - Chiara 

Worst Behaviour - Drake

Trophies - Drake 

Draft Day - Drake

Loyal - Chris Brown

Show Me ft Chris Brown - Kid Ink

Iggy Azalea ft Charli XCX - Fancy

Creep - Goldlink 

Let Me Love You (Sllash Remix) - Mario

Number 2 Fitspo! So if you're trying you're hardest to get motivated I assume you've already downloaded some great apps including Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr and Bloglovin'? Right!? If you're going to procrastinate at least use your scrolling time effectively, hey every little helps! 

Thirdly, get some new gear, I love buying new stuff and giving them a test run, sports bras, tops, new trainers and I'm so looking forward to buying one of those Nike Fuel Bands 

Finally, nothing is more demotivating than the feeling of no progression, download this great app My Runkeeper and map your progress. Running can get quite lonely if you haven't got a running buddy but you feel that push when she calls out your stats mid run, I was so proud of myself every time I made a new personal best, and I wanted to get out sooner and beat it again. 

When I first started running it was to train for the 5k Race For Life, but since then I've grown to love it,  I stumbled across some great blogs and Instagrams and felt so inspired watching others train worldwide, imagine flying to Amsterdam to run a marathon, or training on a beach in Barcelona? Sounds like a plan! 

Do you have any tips you use to stay motivated? Share them in the comments, you never know who you could inspire. 


No comments:

Post a Comment